Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tutorial Tuesday: Heart Bun

Hey guys! I'm back!

Took me a little longer than I though it would to get all settled in and unpacked but I am pretty much there! There are a few odds and ends that need homes and an non-urgent box or two that needs unpacked but it feels really good to be in my new home. I'm absolutely loving it! More on that later, I plan on taking some pictures of the place latter for the blog. For now lets focus on the tutorial.

 Today I am trying something a little bit different; a hair tutorial. Normally I'm scouring the internet looking for things to do with my rabidly growing mane, but today I had an idea. When I Googled it and I couldn't find exactly what I was imagining, I knew I had to fill the void!


It's a pretty easy style, it takes less then a minute. Check out the instructions below!



 Supplies:
  • Hairbrush
  • Hair Elastic
 This is my hair when I started. Its medium length and that's probably the length that will yield the best results out of this style.

Step 1: Brush your hair up into a really high pony tail. Keep the elastic slightly loose when you do this. You should be able to fit a finger between the hair band and your hair.

Step 2: Separate the ponytail in half.

Step 3: Take one half and fold it over so that the end of it can be tucked into the hair band.

Step 4: Repeat with other half.

I like the little bit of pizazz it adds to just a regular "don't-feel-like-doing-anything-with-my-hair" style. I also feel like if you smoothed it down and added some accessories, like a bow for instance, it would make a great Valentines Day hair-do!


I hope you enjoyed the tutorial! Let me know what you thought about my take on a hairstyle in the comments below. (Its not my usual cup of tea.)

I have a great tutorial coming up next week with some great sewing info, and an installment of Art Adventure Time coming Thursday, so stay tuned!

Til Next Time,


1 comment:

  1. Hi RaChil! I love your heart bun, it's super cute!! You'll have to wear it again on Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete