Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cwafty Cookbook: Flaky Caramel Apple Pie

Sorry for the late post again guys, and it's not the finished bag either. Not having a fixed schedule at work makes getting these posts up on a schedule more difficult then I thought. Especially because work is kicking my butt big time since we are understaffed. I think we just hired someone with experience yesterday though, so maybe that might give me a third day off a week...maybe.

Anyway, today I decided to do some baking. I was really craving some apple pie but I wanted to add a twist and make it something fun and very seasonal. This is my own, home-made recipe for Flaky Caramel Apple Pie.


Ingredients:

 You're going to need:

  •  5 medium apples
  •  Caramel
  •  2/3rds a cup sugar
  • 1/2 a stick melted butter
  • Dash of ground nutmeg
  • 1/4th a teaspoon of lemon zest
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • A pinch of salt
  • Mixing Bowls
  • A pie pan

Some specialty tools it's good to have are an apple slicer and a potato peeler. You can make the pie without them though, they just save time.

Now this pie is completely made from scratch including the crust, but I used this recipe for that.

Preheat your oven to 425°.

Step 1: Slice and then peel the skin off of all your apples.




Step 2: Seperate the majority of the slices into one bowl and about 1/4th of the apples into another bowl.

Step 3: Add all of your dry and wet ingredients to the main bowl. Stir until fully mixed.


Step 4: Coat all of the slices in the smaller bowl in caramel.




Step 5: Pour your cinnamon-sugar apple mixture into you prepared bottom pie crust. Add 1 caramel apple slice per slice of pie. I had seven  so there are seven slices of pie.


Step 6: Cover your pie with the top crust.
Here's where my pie started to go a bit wrong. My top crust kept crumbling so I kinda just jammed it on there.

Step 7: Bake for 30-45 minutes, check on it at 30.

 Step 8: Drizzle Caramel over the top. Let cool for an hour, Enjoy.





I had a lot of fun baking this pie, and it turned out to be super delicious. It didn't even make it a full day...I may have had it for breakfast and dinner and a snack. My inner fat kid is strong.

I don't bake super often but if people like this maybe I'll do it more! I hope everyone is getting into the holiday spirit! We'll see if I have that bad done next week, if not I'm gonna post about my Halloween decor.





Til Next Time,

RaCh

No comments:

Post a Comment